Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My 8 Month-old Sleeps Worse than a Newborn

The other night I was seriously considering googling "how to get my baby to sleep longer at night" after getting up to feed around the 5th time that night.  Seriously, most newborns sleep more that this, and my boy is 8 months now!   This is just ridiculous.  Most babies his age are either sleeping through the night or just getting up once or even twice, not 5 times!

I'm just so tired people, waking up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours to nurse an 8 month-old is just plain crazy.

Well, enjoy it while it lasts little man, because in about 4 months he is being cut off.  And I'm going to give him so much cow milk his belly isn't going to know what to do and hopefully Isaac will sleep all night long.  Or daddy can get up and feed him once in awhile (probably not).

He also likes to bite himself in his sleep, and his mama too.  Eight month-olds should not have 4 teeth, they just shouldn't.  

Last night he just wanted to stay up and play...and cry.  He went down at about 8:00, woke up at 9:30, nursed, then 10:30, nursed, nursed, nursed.  Stayed up till 1:30, then woke up again at 2:30, let him fuss, nursed, then went back to sleep for a few hours, nursed, and slept till about 8:00 am.  I feel so frustrated.  Farmer can't help because he gets up at 4:30 am to milk. 

Then morning arrives, and he looks all cute and innocent, like this...

DSC_1222re (825x550)

and then I'm not mad anymore, well, until later again that night. I hope he outgrows this soon.

But please always keep those chubby cheeks.

2 comments:

  1. I was in the same boat as you, and thought I was going to lose my mind if I didn't get more sleep. We had this issue with our little guy when he was a little younger. Two pediatricians of mine recommended the book "How to Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems," by Dr. Ferber. Though it was tough the first 10 days our monkey finally slept through the night (and still does)! It might be worth checking out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’ve been dealing with the exact same thing…almost. My daughter just turned 8 months old and for the past three weeks or so she’s been on a schedule almost identical to what you described for your little boy. She’s not nursing anymore though so I can’t blame it on that, I think in our case it’s been a combination of getting her first teeth, getting sick, and just wanting me to hold her. I’m not 100% certain of the reason, but I’m right there with you, I was just telling my husband the other day that it feels like we have a newborn all over again! She did final sleep through the night last night, first time in weeks, so I’m hoping we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete