Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Because I Can

This year for dying Easter eggs we used Kool-aid instead of the color dye, the stuff smelled so much better.

DSC_0375re (531x800)
DSC_0381re (533x800)


DSC_0426re (800x524)
 However, the pinks and purples were more of a brown and orange color, and the blues and greens were very light, but I'll just own it and say I wanted them to turn out this way.  I actually do like how the colors all seem to go together.

DSC_0422re (800x533)
DSC_0389re (800x531)
DSC_0391re (800x533)
DSC_0416re (800x531)

I have been in such a funk lately, hope it passes soon.  Winter just does not seem to want to let go yet.

I also feel kind of bad because I did not take any pictures on Easter day, not one.

 We all looked great too.  My men were in their suits, I was wearing a dress and curled my hair, Lucy was looking adorable in white.  But Isaac was not having a good day, very crabby, cried through most of the Mass too, which made me almost cry.

So I decided we will just have to have a redo sometime soon, because...I can.

 Isaac's birthday is on Sunday, so bittersweet. My baby is getting so big, not going to be a baby for much longer.


Linking up with nurture photography

15 comments:

  1. well, i'm not religious, but my family usually does egg hunts and this year we were so busy to do anything easter.

    i love this idea of having kool-aid. great idea even if the colors were off. kids will enjoy.

    i just noticed, (bad me), love the new update on the blog... who do you have doing your layouts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do them myself! I just googled some things to figure stuff out. I'm so cheap and don't want to pay for a design if I can help it.

      Delete
  2. The Kool-Aid idea is great! Egg dye smells terrible. Yuck.
    If it's any consolation, we were too loud for the cry room during Mass. Yikes.
    And, not one single photo taken as a family. Mommy fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we had to move out the cry room too, all the way down the corridor, we were waking up babies left and right.

      Delete
  3. your eggs are beautiful! i also love how they go together. i just love those little hands in the last one!
    we were traveling home this year on Easter, so we didn't get to color eggs. i miss doing it with my girls, they are growing older. maybe we will do it another day ... because we can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously have the best pics!! Your Easter eggs are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, they are pretty colors, and do go quite well together. :-) Can't believe your youngest has a birthday coming up! It seems like he just arrived not too long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. Beautiful shots!! Hopefully next year we will actually dye eggs!

    What? He is turning a year already!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The eggs look lovely! We didn't dye any this year (it was never a "thing" for my family growing up in England so I forget).

    Thanks for taking part in the Nurture Photography Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your winter funk. I get that way too. Hang in there, hon! Spring is coming! And if it makes you feel any better, I didn't take but one on Easter Day. And no family shot of all of us in our Sunday best. Sometimes life gets hairy and it's ok to just have the memory. Your egg coloring pics are beautiful- the kool-aid is a great idea. I hope you'll join us next week for turquoise/splash week. Have a beautiful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear you are in a funk.... hopefully it changes soon!!!
    love the eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never even thought of koolaid! They turned out an even colour. Ours were all splotchy. Boo. I love the last picture. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this, and am smitten by the colors. If you ask me, they are perfect. What perfect captures of perfectly colored Easter eggs;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen the Kool Aid egg dying technique before, but we haven't tried it. You eggs have such gorgeous color! I'll definitely have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete