Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Hot Pink Tint

This is a picture I took a couple weeks ago with one of my daughter's teacups.  I was trying to take a cool macro of it but it didn't turn out how I had envisioned, so it sat in my folder waiting to be deleted.


Then last night I was bored so I started playing around with the tints in Picnik for Shutterlove Tuesday photo challenge "tint", and thought I would use this pic because I was going to throw it out anyway.  

I straightened, cropped, brightened, contrast, reduced noise, and made B & W first before I added a hot pink tint to it, cuz pink is my favorite color (name that song).  Might have also added cross process to it, looks a little warmer than a hot pink, but can't remember.  Oh yeah, and a slight vignette too (I was really messing around with it).


I think it turned out real cool, so glad I didn't push delete.

Linking up with:



Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama ShutterLoveTuesdays Sweet Shot Day




22 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't delete it because it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool effect! I wouldn't have even tried this but now I definately will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation! I love your edits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!

    Andie
    http://zimmermanlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to play in Piknik as well. You did a great job.

    I came over from Communal Global to say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALRIGHT - this tint totally works. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great edit! Pink fits so much better.

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome tint! It looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is really pretty!! Hi! I am new to the blogging world and came across your blog! You have very nice photos! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think it's adorable! beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice edit! I like it! Thanks for linking up to Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it amazing how a picture can turn from blah to WOW with a little creative editing? GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Great job and glad you didn't delete it too :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What an amazing transformation! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Way to bring a photo back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great edit - love it!

    Do you do all you editing in Picnik?

    ReplyDelete