Monday, January 03, 2011

Some Photo Challenges

My husband and I were really boring for New Years.  We just stayed home, drank a whole bottle of champagne, watched TV, and waited for midnight to roll around.  I didn't really feel like going out anyways this year and having a kid is a great excuse to stay home.

DSC_0938re





ShutterLoveTuesdays     Photography love...





The Simplicity Photography Challenge this week is "white on white".  I remembered that I bought this miniature china tea set at a garage sale last year for about 50 cents, and I knew it was perfect for the challenge.  This photo is Day 3 for the 365 and I didn't do too much for editing, just cropped, brightened and contrast, and added a touch of Picnik's winterize.  I really like the little bits of bokeh in the background that I was able to capture, it's pretty sweet.
3/365
Edited in Picnik


   Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama   Sweet Shot Day



DSC_0064
SOOC

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your white on white! And your New Year's sounded a lot like mine....Except for, I didn't even make it to midnight. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower too, BTW...I do love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful white on white - I was thinking of doing something similar with a sugar dish I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your white on white shot - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photograph is great for the white on white…very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos. Love your white on white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful! LOVE your white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your tea cup shot!! We also had a very relaxed New Years at home - sometimes those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your White on white entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The white on white is great! You did a great edit and took a wonderful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that white on white image...really beautiful. I like staying in too...nice to be with family and nice and cozy. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful shot...and the white on white is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete