Friday, January 28, 2011

Macro Friday

This week has just been ...blah.  I've been sick, my husband had his wisdom teeth pulled, and it has been cloudy and snowy, which is not good because like most of you, I get my energy from the sun, I need it.

So this morning I went outside to throw out the garbage and mail the rent check and I decided to bring my camera.  It was dark and gloomy out and the snow was melting, which means mud and slush.  I thought maybe if I took some macros it would change my perspective on this crappy day, and it sure did! 

I love these photos I took (warning, little bit of a photo dump).  I warmed up the pics so it looks like the sun might be shining a bit, which makes me happy.  Hey, if you can't have the sun, then you gotta fake it.


and then, she {snapped}



Reflections 
Household6Diva FotoFriday





Something Different (Stair rail, loving the lines)







Photobucket
You Capture:  Happy

Now going to drink some tea (drink of choice as of late), and edit my pics for my project 365 tomorrow.


19 comments:

  1. The brick one really caught my eye. Those all turned out great! I feel a little bit of spring fever in all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some GREAT DOF shots in there this time! Love the brick!-- ans the first leaf shot is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how differently we see the world when we have a camera with us! These are fantastic photos. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that stair rail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shots!!! Love love love your macro. So stunning. Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your reflection shot - it's so interesting looking!

    I also find that taking photos generally makes any day better. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last two shots are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, these shots are absolutely beautiful! I especially love the stair rail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Macros and Natural Light

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! They are all beautiful but that first one is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think these are really beautiful - I especially like the brick one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the "sun" in that first one, and your "If you can't make it, fake it!" approach. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you have to fake the sun too. and the little girl shot is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stair rail is really interesting. So simple and everyday object but it is beautiful. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful lines in your shot for "something different" LOVE your rainy day leaf shot too!

    ReplyDelete