Saturday, April 09, 2011

GET FIT and Selfie Saturday

I was pretty sick with the flu/cold bug earlier this week, yuck.  Then I went to the doctors for a good lady-type check-up and received the tetanus/pertussis shot, which completely wiped me out, I felt like I ran a marathon or something (ok, never have ran a marathon, but I was pretty exhausted).  But it was a good thing to get because of the pertussis outbreak going on right now and I didn't want to have to get it if I became pregnant sometime later this year.  


So exercise this week, nada.  I did try to make healthier choices with eating/portion size, and at my weigh-in this week at the doctors the scale read 130.8 lbs (almost -7 lbs since started), which has been the same for about a month.  So at least I haven't gained any weight, I'm pretty stoked about that!  And that big belly bulge I used to have is gone.  My stomach definitely isn't perfect, but it's much better than it used to be.


This DVD should be arriving for me in the mail via Netflix, and if anybody can kick my butt, Jillian Michaels can.  I love her and fear her at the same time.  I'll let you know next week how this goes.


Self Portrait:  The Fan
Ok, this was much harder than I thought.  I really liked how they turned out, but you can barely tell that the fan was literally inches from my head except for the little wispies blowing on the top.



98/365
DSC_0180re
DSC_0184re
 
So it was time to bring out the big guns:

DSC_0187re

I ran to get my trusty ol' blow dryer and finally...big hair!







Gr

And of course Lucy had to help mommy get ready for her little photo shoot.

One Day At A Time


18 comments:

  1. Good luck with Jilian and I hope you feel 100% again soon!

    Your selfie's are gorgeous! Love your hair piece! Happy Saturday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! The shots with your daughter are awesome!

    Your selfies are great. I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty! I would see one & think "oh that is my fav" and then scroll to the next & like it even more. They are all so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO good! You're very beautiful! Love the softness of the shots and the lighting is delicious. Your little girl "helping" is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the lighting and the subtle movement of your hair. I really like your selective color one. The last shots with your daughter are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your selfie shots are gorgeous!!! Great job and great job linking up with your darling daughter helping you during your selfie photo shoot! So precious! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots....I have got to get brave and try this someday:)

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! your selfies are fabulous ~ very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your selfie!! I recognized you from the link up right away! It was my first week so I forgot there was a theme...haha oh well. The fourth one down is my favorite! Good thinking with the blow dryer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I love how your daughter came to help. :) I had issues with my fan not being strong enough either - I wish I had thought of the blow dryer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, cool pictures. I LOVE that 4th one where the hair is lifted from the wind...you are beautiful! have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you pretty Mumma!!! I love Lucy helping you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to come over and check out the rest of the series - love the blow dryer shot. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's a wow! A flower in your hair is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the blow dryer totally worked for you, because that is my favorite shot!!!

    ReplyDelete