Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some More Christmas Memories

I was spending the past couple of days at my mom's house doing some light cleaning and cooking and also to visit since she had been in the hospital over Christmas because of emergency hernia surgery.  She is on the mend, but I wished I lived closer sometimes so I could help out more.  I was able to take a few pictures during my visit so here they are:

DSC_0794re
Here is one decent picture I took of my kid, it is so hard to get nice pictures of her anymore because the lighting inside is so awful and I hate to use my flash, which is why all my pictures are noisy.  It was either that or flash so I chose noise. This one isn't too bad though, but you can see little crumbs on her upper lip, or is that snot?  Oh well.




nativity
Christmas Past
This is the nativity set that we grew up with.  My grandma bought it shortly after WWII so it is definitely an antique.  You can see it has been quite used and possibly played with (sorry Baby Jesus, but it looked so fun).

ShutterLoveTuesdays



DSC_0751re
One of the many flowers my mom received while in the hospital, so pretty.


DSC_0870re
I was trying to do the whole candy cane heart thing with bokeh in the background, and I think it turned out pretty well.  I like that the candy canes are silhouettes, I didn't expect that.

Photobucket




4 comments:

  1. I love you candy cane shot! I like all the components (lights and candy canes and hearts...) all very holiday!

    I did one in the snow last week:
    http://cohesive-pieces.blogspot.com/2010/12/you-capture-holiday-magic.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture of your girl. I have the same problem at my in-law's. I was trying to experiment with flash. When I go no flash, I can't seem to get my lighting right either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy cane heart gets my vote for best pic, but I love the nativity pics and your daughter is adorable! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of your daughter! Looks great without the flash to me!

    ReplyDelete